Bullet Point: Castle 704 Child's Play

WRITER: Rob Hanning
DIRECTOR: Rob Bowman


  • Castle's favourite flavour of ice cream is potato chip fudge - sweet and salty just like him. He said that to entice Beckett to taste it. And I must say: Beckett, you can do your ew face and wince but you like the taste. Innuendo much? (coughFanfiction!cough)
  • Sweet! He fed Kate ice cream!
  • Castle still deflects questions and references from when he disappeared.
  • The look on Beckett's face when they were trying to find out who the kids can relate to, an adult yet a kid at heart, is just gold! That raised eyebrow is awesome! Very subtle, Beckett, very subtle.
  • I've been in classrooms before and the kids were not as rowdy as this bunch.
  • When Castle was checking the kids' stories, he said that whatever happened, if one of them was the witness to the crime of the week, it will flow in their stories. Is it a subtle reference to what happened to Castle when he was 11? That somehow he had written it in one of his books?
  • The flavour of the juice Mrs Ruiz gave Castle is cherry. Cherry is Beckett's scent.
  • Beckett has competition! Someone is smitten with Mr Castle!
  • Mrs Ruiz, the second-grade teacher is wary of Castle. Are all teachers that way?
  • Nathan Fillion in a fairy costume! LOVE!! Okay, Nathan and kids are adorable!
  • Aha! The bully knows who the witness is! I knew it!
  • When Kate sat down with Jason, the bully kid, to ask about the meaning of his drawing, it showed her maternal side. There are several episodes where we can see Kate deal with children: 109 Little Girl Lost (a toddler), 308 Murder Most Fowl (an adolescent), and 610 The Good, The Bad, and the Baby, where we saw that she had insecurities taking care of a newborn. This episode adds another "chapter" to that - dealing with a prepubescent.
  • Adding another name for Castle: jerkface. So that's Castle, Rick, babe, and jerkface.
  • Alexis being mummy to Castle. I love it because it showed how worried she was when her dad was gone and that it was the same for him after the events of 515 Target and 516 Hunt. It's being debated in Tumblr that it's a bit creepy of her but I think it's sweet (packing her dad's lunch). We only saw Beckett being worried when he was gone but imagine how more worried Martha and Alexis had been. Kate may be family even without the legalities but mum and daughter still count more.
  • Castle hooking his arm on Kate's and dragging her away...best friends and so married.
  • Aw Emily! When she learned that Kate is Castle's real princess, she has this defiant yet defeated look on her face. But on the bright side, I think she knows her Prince Charming is safe in the hands of his princess.
  • The Russian mob is a popular suspect/victim in this series.
  • Yes!! Castle and Beckett fight scene with the murderer!
  • Ryan, Espo, and Beckett have all been in crime scenes with the victim being dead for days and yet Espo and Beckett cannot seem to take the smell of the three-day old corpse in this episode. You can hear the sound effects of flies but still. It's quite baffling. Beckett also had this reaction when she saw the victim's body in 702 Montreal. I'm not thinking that she's pregnant mainly because I don't want her to, yet. There's time for little Caskett babies.
Confession: I am a Beckett fangirl and I love her to bits because I can relate to her but she's not perfect. She's still a human being, capable of doing mistakes, and is not infallible. She is still vulnerable. Okay, I may see her as a goddess because of her unicorn hair but I can still see she's just like me and you. I got mad at her when she told Burke that she remembered everything on the day of her shooting. Whilst I still love her throughout the season, I still carried in my mind that she lied. It was also hypocritical of her to ask Castle for answers for what he did for two months when she did the same to him, albeit they weren't together yet but knew Castle is in love with her. So that's that. I'm all hail Beckett but I still can look at her mistakes.

Great to get that out of my chest.

Anyway, sneak peek numero uno for the next episode is released. Haha! Martha fussing over her son. Aw!


I'm still making the gifs/gifsets. I will post them later.

Dee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Kate Beckett - A fan’s analysis on why Kate Beckett wants some distance from husband, Richard Castle

Castle 623 For Better Or Worse Screencaps

Bullet Point: Castle 706 The Time of Our Lives