The Most Noble Lady in the Universe

Everybody has their favourite Doctor or favourite companion in Doctor Who. My first Doctor is actually Matt Smith, the Eleventh Doctor. I never had any intention of watching the series, frankly, but then I learned from two of my friends, who are Whovians, which is what fans of the show, that Neil Gaiman wrote an episode. So I persuaded them if I can see it without seeing the previous episodes. I fell in love after watching The Doctor's Wife. Now, my Doctor is David Tennant, the Tenth Doctor. My favourite companion is Donna Noble, with Sarah Jane a close second.

For me, Donna is one of the best companions, if not the best (over SJ. Sorry Lis!). Her story is a very tragic one compared to the other reboot (2005) companions - Rose is in the parallel universe with her own Doctor, the Ponds, despite being "assassinated" by the Weeping Angels to 1930s New York, had lived a very happy life even if The Doctor cannot see them anymore because of the paradox, adopted a boy, and had died of old age. Or over Adric, who died in the Fifth Doctor serial Earthshock (1982) when a meteor crashed on Earth wiping out the dinosaurs thus creating the new Earth that would become the planet we know now. Donna became a Time Lord herself when she created the Meta-Crisis Doctor becoming the Doctor-Donna. But it hasn't happened before - a human Time Lord cannot live so The Doctor wiped away her memories of him. So she lives but has no memory whatsoever of her adventures with The Doctor and that she was the most important woman in all of creation even for a minute. No memories of her travels to other planets, yet the whole universe sings of the Doctor-Donna.

Donna Noble
(c) BBC
Donna now lives a happy life with her husband, Shaun Temple. But it probably doesn't compare to being with The Doctor. The adrenalin that runs through your body when you're with him is probably going off the roof. And The Doctor was also happy when he was with her because she is his best friend.

I love Catherine Tate so I may be biased. Even before watching The Runaway Bride, her name is familiar to me but without a face. I used to think that Mia Thermopolis' mum in The Princess Diaries is Catherine. I knew there is an actress named Catherine Tate long before I became a huge fan of the Doctor Who and long before I became a huge fan of hers. I just don't know where I actually watched or saw her before or where have I read her name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Kate Beckett - A fan’s analysis on why Kate Beckett wants some distance from husband, Richard Castle

Castle 623 For Better Or Worse Screencaps

Bullet Point: Castle 706 The Time of Our Lives