Vincent and The Doctor

I saw someone post about the episode in G+ and now I'm crying. This has got to be my favourite episode in the new series of Doctor Who. No matter how many times I watch it, I will cry because it's just a perfect episode.

TITLE: Vincent and The Doctor (Series 6 Episode 10)
WRITER: Richard Curtis
DIRECTOR: Jonny Campbell


These are my favourite quotes:
"We're so lucky we're still alive to see this beautiful world. Look at the sky. It's not dark and black and without character. The black is in fact deep blue. And over there, lighter blue. And blowing through the blueness and blackness, the wind swirling through the air and they're shining, burning, bursting through. The stars, can you see how they roll their light? Everywhere we look, complex magic of nature blazes before our eyes." - Vincent van Gogh (Tony Curran)
----------------------------
Doctor: Where do you think Van Gogh rates in the history of art?
Dr Black: ...Van Gogh is the finest painter of them all. Certainly the most popular painter of all time, the most beloved. His command of colour, the most magnificent. He transformed the pain of his tormented life into ecstatic beauty. Pain is easy to portray but to use your passion and pain to portray the ecstasy and joy and magnificence of our world, no one had ever done it before. Perhaps, no one ever will again. To my mind, that strange, wild man who roamed the fields of Provence was not only the world's greatest artist but also one of the greatest men who ever lived. 

I don't have a favourite painter but now I think I found one. Long live Vincent!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Kate Beckett - A fan’s analysis on why Kate Beckett wants some distance from husband, Richard Castle

Castle 623 For Better Or Worse Screencaps

Bullet Point: Castle 706 The Time of Our Lives